Facebook reviews are a way that customers can leave feedback about your business page. Unfortunately, some of these reviews can be negative, and despite some best efforts to rectify the situation with the customer to make it better, some customers are content with keeping the 1 or 2 star scathing review.
So what can you do about it? One option is to submit a complaint about the review to Facebook, but this rarely ever makes any changes in the review. A better solution may be to disable reviews on the page all together. This is a good choice if the amount of positive reviews are not at a 10/1 ratio or better with negative reviews being the smaller amount.
If this is the case and your business page is being weighed down by negative reviews, you may want to turn off Facebook page reviews. This is how to do it:
1. Go to your page using the Facebook profile that controls the page as an admin
2. Click on the Settings tab at the top of the page
3. Select Page Info from the menu on the left (number two down on the list)
4. Pick Address out of this menu by clicking on it
5. Next un-check the box that says “Show map, check-ins and star ratings on the Page”
That’s it! Now the page reviews have been turned off. It also turns off the ability for customers to say that they were at your location. Having this feature available may be a reason to keep the reviews and try and get more positive reviews to out weight the negative reviews. This will have to be a decision you decide depending on how important these are to your business.