It happens from time to time in life wind up sometimes moving to new places and cities and some people want to start a business there and rank new business in Google search. I get people moving to Billings and wanting to establish a new business and rank new business similar to what they might have had in the town they’re moving from.
Here is what I recommend they do to rank new business and gain part of the market share organically, potentially even earn the coveted number one spot in Google search. So without further ado, here is my list, in no particular order, of items to accomplish to dominate a new market and rank new business:
– Establish an address it is important to have an address where you can register the Google my business and Bing business directories as well as Yelp profile.
– Register the business name if at all possible it is encouraged to register a business name that has a positive SEO correlation, this can be potentially achieved by using a DBA.
– Pick a seo-friendly domain name that is a matchup for the keywords your business is trying to rank for. For example, a landscaper in Billings, Montana might put landscapingbillingsmontana.com as their domain name. Having these keywords in the domain name can cause a more corollary match for Google’s spiders when they are doing deep-web backlink corrollation data comparisons.
– Create a beautiful modern website that can be viewed on all devices such as phones, tablets, desktops, TVs, Etc. Call SkyPoint if you need help with this! 406-208-8733
– Create content showing off what you do in your business and talking about the new town. Mention what to do in the town and how it correlates to your new business. Make sure to repeat the keywords you’re trying to rank for inside the article and use a plug-in like SEO Yoast to make sure it is SEO’d properly.
– Take pictures of the local area and post them to your website. Pictures of your process or products are also a good idea and adding as many images tagged with the local city will help to pull up the search. Pro tip: make sure to name the images when they come out of the camera with the appropriate keywords such as the city and your business’s name.
– Set up social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Alignable, Pinterest, Etc.
– Complete the Top 50 Free Business Submission Websites challenge as listed here.
– If you’re a Montana business, also complete this list of Free Montana Business Submission Sites.
– Participate in SkyPoint’s proprietary SEO backlink program.
– Continue to update and maintain the website regularly as much as three to four times a week.
Finally, check the search results to see how well the business’s website is doing for the key search terms. Don’t get frustrated if it takes a long time to rank. Typical times are anywhere between 6 to 9 months of due diligence and hard work to get to the first page in any relatively non-competitive market.
Have a question about web design or SEO and would like to learn more about our process? Hit us up on our contact page or drop a line below in the comments.
Thanks for reading!
Share this post!
Written by: Jophiel Silvestrone
Jophiel Silvestrone has written 145 posts in the Tech Blog.
Jophiel grew up on a ranch in Paradise Valley, Montana near Chico Hot Springs. Working on the ranch instilled work ethic and self motivation. Filled with this drive, Jophiel started mowing the local school's yards twice a month throughout the summers, at the age of 12. He moved to Billings in 2004, where he has been deeply involved in the local business community ever since. A serial entrepreneur, Jophiel has ran multiple businesses in our local community. He now runs a web development company SkyPoint Studios. One of his favorite jobs though, is fathering his 11-year old son Jaoquin. "JJ" also loves technology.